|bhaartiy naari: LATA MANGESHKAR.....COMPUTER SAYS HER VOICE IS THE MOST PERFECT IN THE WORLD......AND HAS RECORDED THE MOST NUMBER OF SONGS IN THE WOR|
Posted by Vishva News Reporter on April 12, 2003
Prajapati Vishva Aashram Foundation (PVAF)
in its mandate to spread knowledge to humankind also spreads knowledge of the
humankind ....this posting from
KUMAR WEB SITE is about a star of
veDik culture...LATA MANGESHKAR,
who even can shame a nightingale to produce music in her voice.. music as sound
is the beginning of all creations....
* The Royal Albert Hall, London
has recorded the
graph of Lata's voice with the help of a computer which is by far the
in the World.
* She Can sing in 3 Octaves, most singers
can only sing in 2 octaves.
Please click on the next line to continue reading about SRii Lata
* Although Lataji attended school for a day,
she has been awarded an Honorary Doctorate by
6 universities including the New York University.
* Lataji has been rated as the
2nd most Admired Indian
after Atal Bihari Vajpayee (The Week-Mode opinion poll). She has also been
Voted as The Most Important Indian of the 20th
Century (Arts) in a Net Survey By IndiaWorld.com.
* Lata Mangeshkar's horoscope is among the ten most
Powerful Horoscopes of the century in the
*After India’s losses in the India-China war in 1962,Lata
had sung the song, Aye Mere Watan Ke Logon, Zara Aankh Me Bhar Lo Pani. The
song, moved the then Indian Prime Minister,
Jawaharlal Nehru, to tears and he confessed 'Beti
toone mujhe rula diya'.
* Once when Lataji was 6 or 7, she was humming a tune to herself, suddenly
she fell down and got unconscious. On regaining consciousness she started
singing the same song from where she had stopped it on losing consciousness !!
* She has a permanent gallery reserved for her at the Lord's Stadium from
where she enjoys watching her favourite game- Cricket.
* Photography has been one of her lesser
* At the age of two Lataji had an attack of Smallpox
which made her to carry its marks to this day, she also suffers from an
acute Sinus problem.
* Lata's Favourite :
Literary Works:- Khalil, Gibran,
Chekov & Tolstoy
Ustad Bade Ghulam Ali
Khan & Ustad Ameer Khan
& Satyajit Ray
Movies:- Padosan, Gone with the wind,
Limelight & Titanic
Music Directors:- Madan Mohan,
Salil Chowdhary & Jaidev
Ludhianavi, Majrooh, Neeraj & Naksh Lyallpuri
Sports:- Cricket, Football & Tennis
Hobbies:- Photography & Cooking
Food:- Kolhapuri Mutton & Fried Fish
with Tartar Sauce
Accessories :- Her Golden Payals
Indian City:- Mumbai
City:- New York
* Maximum Duets With
Female:- Asha Bhosle (74),
Usha Mangeshkar (62),
* Maximum Songs With
Music Directors:- Laxmikant Pyarelal
(666), Shankar Jaikishen (453),
R.D Burman (328)
Lyricist:- Anand Bakshi (700), Rajendra
Krishan (554), Majrooh Sultanpuri (431)
* Lata always sings barefoot as a mark of
respect to the platform where she sings.
* Aayega Aanewala [Mahal](1949)
is considered to be one of the biggest hits in Lata's career but The
Gramaphone Company Of India gave the credit for the playback of this film to
'Kamini' which was the character Lata sang
for, she is yet to be paid for this song.
Saheb told Lata to imitate Noorjehan
for the song 'Uthaye
Ja Unke Sitam' [ANDAZ] (1949), he said "Achha Latabai Ab Apni Pakistani
Behen Ko Yaad Kar Ke Yeh Gaana Gayiega."
* In 1985,Lata performed in a charity show in Toronto, this was the first
time that a 3rd World Artiste performed for a
1st world charity organisation and collection of over $1,50,000 were made
which Lata donated to the charity organisation.
* The secret of Lataji’s melodious voice
lies not only in
her talent but also in her strict discipline over her diet , so she eats a lot
of Chillies preferably Kolhapuri chillies
which add to the sweetness in her voice.
* To keep ourselves fit we exercise, go to the gym etc. but for Lataji its
a different story altogether to keep her voice in shape she chews gum !! ,yes
* Like most actresses, Madhubala
signing any new film insisted that Lataji playback her songs. After all, 'Aayega
Aanewala' immortalised the magical Madhubala's onscreen charisma.
* She has a liking for scents and perfumes especially the very Indian ‘Itr’.
It is this liking for Itr which prompted the launch of
Lata perfume which initially has its range of
fruity tones which have been selected by Lata herself .
* In 1974, Lataji became the First Indian
to have performed in the Royal Albert Hall, London
* 16th December, 1941 marked her first AIR
broadcast, her father Deenanathji heard that broadcast in Pune and it moved
him to tears. "Lata will take the family name further" is what he said on that
* Before singing any song Lataji writes the song in her own
Hand-writing and starts by writing
‘Shri’ on top of the page.
* If reborn Lataji would want to be an Indian again
and preferably a Maharashtrian but not again as a
* In 1984, the Madhya Pradesh Goverment instituted the
Lata Mangeshkar Puraskar in Lataji's
honour.The award has been conferred to Anil Biswas, Naushad Ali, Kishore
Kumar, Jaidev, Manna Dey, Asha Bhosle & Khaiyyam.
* Lata's small disputes
S.D.Burman: From 1958 to 1962 lata
didn't sing for S.D.Burman
due to a personal dispute.The Song 'Mora Gora Ang' [BANDINI] was
sung after a resolution initiated by R.D.Burman
Mohd.Rafi: They didn't sing together
for 3 years
because of a fight on Royalties, S.D.Burman reunited them for 'Dil
* Nargis declared she never required
glycerine to emote for Lataji's songs. How else can heartwrenching love be
articulated than in 'Rasik Balma'.
* Bimal Roy once persuaded Salil da to sing a
complex Bengali song
Chowdhary obliged and was alarmed to find that young Lata had
fainted. She confesses, 'While listening to
the song, I was overcome. I couldn't control myself'.
* 'Rasik Balma'[CHORI-CHORI] won the best song Filmfare Award, Lata refused
to sing it live in protest of no playback category.
* She knows Urdu as well as her mother tongue
* She has never sung for O.P.Nayyar
never performed in Goa
even though she hails
from a small hamlet Mangeshi in Goa.
* Despite being of a shy persona, Lataji is a good
mimic and likes telling jokes.
* Of all the actresses, Lataji feels her voice suits
Saira Banu the most.
* Lataji loves getting small gifts from friends and family,
are her favourite.
* Lataji was first named as 'Hema'
according to her birth date, she was nicknamed 'Hridaya'
by her father, the name Lata was used later.Although, the family surname was
Hardikar, it was Lata's father who adopted the
surname Mangeshkar, since the family hails from a small village,
Mangeshi, in Goa.
* The very talented Asha Bhosle
revealed that there are no negative vibes between the two sisters (Lata & Asha),
they are considering a worldwide tour together
in the near future. This would definitely be a blockbuster tour, as both
sisters have a huge following all over the world.
* Lata Mangeshkar has undertaken a colossal hospital
project to immortalise the memory of her father. For the purpose the
Medical Foundation was formed.
* Dinanathji also owned a studio in Sangli,Maharashtra.
* Satyajit Ray & Lataji are the only two
people who have received both the Bharat Ratna &
the Dada Saheb Phalke Award.
* Lataji is the 5th Woman to receive the
Bharat Ratna, the other four are Indira Gandhi, Mother Teresa, Aruna Asaf Ali &
Here For The Lata Mangeshkar Fan Club
There are 5 additional comments.
|#2 Posted by on 6/14/2007|
|#3 Posted by lonzzve on 6/15/2007|
|Hi. I found your site very nice. thanks for it! good luck|
|#4 Posted by lonskfq on 6/16/2007|
|Hi. I found your site very nice. thanks for it! good luck!|
|#5 Posted by lonskfq on 6/16/2007|
|Hi. I found your site very nice. thanks for it! good luck!|
Send your news items
to be posted to firstname.lastname@example.org.